Bracco Imaging at a glance
- BRACCO IMAGING Canada (“BIC”), a global leader in the manufacture of contrast agents, medical devices and advanced injection systems was created after the acquisition of E-Z-EM Canada Inc. in 2008 by Bracco Diagnostics Inc., Princeton NY.
- With its head office located in the city of Montreal, Quebec, the company employs more than 250 people. Dedicated to the production of barium, to the distribution of contrast media and contrast delivery systems in CT, MRI and Cardiovascular, BIC strives to provide hospitals and clinics with the highest quality pharmaceutical contrast imaging solutions-based products.
- The sole provider of barium products in Canada, operating a fully certified, state of the art facility in Anjou, Quebec since 1968 with a total size of 190,000 square feet which operates 24 hours a day. Our production area, the chemistry and microbiology labs, including ACH stability rooms cover 70,000 square feet.
- With a vast portfolio of solutions available for all the Medical Imaging key modalities, including: X-ray Imaging (conventional X-ray and Computed Tomography), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), and Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound. The portfolio offering has been broadened with the acquisition of the Montreal office, a major manufacturer of contrast media and medical devices for gastrointestinal (GI) applications, and Swiss Medical Care in 2011; now Bracco Injeenering, which allowed Bracco to strengthen its portfolio of automated systems for the administration of contrast media.
- A continuous path to innovation, addressing unmet medical needs and improving the efficiency of the production processes.
- A successful entrepreneurial tradition combined with solid managerial experience.