Bracco Imaging R&D objectives
Our R&D Focus
Bracco Imaging is focusing its efforts in some specific R&D areas:
- Cardiovascular disease: identification of patients at risk due to the presence of unstable plaque and ability to monitor response to treatment;
- Oncology: targeted agents to visualise and characterise angiogenesis in order to identify and monitor patients responding to novel anti-angiogenic therapies; and
- Degenerative diseases: agents able to visualise and characterise disease progression to enable the doctor to monitor response to treatment.
Our main R&D Targets
We aim to provide Integrated Imaging Solutions to the Healthcare Community for Global Patient Management.
Our main R&D targets are:
- To improve Patient Management in the above areas through Functional Imaging and/or Molecular Imaging with the goal of supporting the doctor in his selection and modulation of targeted therapies guiding him in his interventions with minimally invasive techniques;
- To develop New Business Patient Management Solutions with novel Information Technology tools for mining & handling Imaging & Patient Data so as to provide:
- Improvement in accuracy in diagnoses;
- Individualised patient profiling;
- Patient monitoring over time;
- Better workflow management.