Intelligent power injectors are devices for standardizing imaging procedures thus achieving the higher quality standard assurance and increasing patient safety and represent a key point in any imaging suites.
Bracco Group Company developed specific contrast injectors for intravenous procedures in CT MRI and for intrarterial procedures in Cardiac and or Peripheral intervention.
The most advanced, IT-enabled contrast injectors offer customized injector protocols, extravasation detection system and a full connectivity with hospital Radiology Information System (RIS), and Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS). The use of intravascular contrast media enables the completion of a wide array of diagnostic and interventional procedures by Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Angiography and is a crucial step in any Imaging Department.
Intelligent power injection is beneficial for the following five reasons:
1. Simplified contrast injection for all procedures – from small injections in the coronary arteries to large volume injections in the ventricles, aorta and peripheral vessels – enhancing speed, control and image quality.
2. Contrast media can be focused in the region of clinical interest, as the system provides maximum enhancement and better control over the contrast administration, to aid in obtaining better diagnostic results.
3. New imaging modalities allows for scanning in faster, more rapid sequences requiring a precise timing of delivery and easier control in any phase. This is safer for multi-tasking as the operators have additional responsibilities in all imaging suites.
4. Intelligent power injectors promotes EFFICIENCY, QUALITY and SAFETY by streamlining procedures and delivering faster case turnaround, while minimizing the use of contrast, and delivering a consistent flow rate and volume from scan to scan.
5. The current diagnostic procedures need to be embedded in an adequate workflow, as the higher throughput is constantly required in today's clinical environment. The use of intelligent contrast delivery system is the key role to minimize or avoid additional and unnecesary steps, simplifying the procedure and reducing waste.
ACIST® Medical Systems is a market leader in advanced contrast imaging systems for cardiovascular angiography.